Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Update on the Squirrel Buster Feeder!

My new Squirrel Buster Plus just arrived from Amazon and I have to say I'm VERY impressed! Sure it was a bit pricey but the quality is outstanding! It holds a ton of seed (something like 3 qts) and it comes apart easily with all parts being dishwasher safe! As for the squirrels...they can jump right to the perches from the ground but the ports close right down and the squirrels get nothing and give up. I haven't seen them try anymore 4 days after hanging it. The squirrels are going to have to be happy with the dropped seeds and the apple cores I throw out in the yard. They were getting a little too fat, anyway ;)

Shortly after hanging it, one of my House Finch regulars went right to it and tried it out.

Here's a picture of my current set-up. The finches really like the Finch Sock so I may just look into purchasing the Squirrel Buster Finch Feeder from this same company (Brome) because the quality is so impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment