Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Goose and Red-Tailed Hawk!





Nearly everyday, I take my dog (and 2 boys) for a walk on Ralston Creek Trail. We walk by a little pond with the usual Mallard ducks and Canada Geese. Every once in awhile we have a new visitor passing through. On this day, it was a Snow Goose! He was brought to my attention by a couple of neighborhood birders. I can't say I would've noticed him among the Canada Geese because I really don't pay a whole lot of attention to them as there are so many of them. This was earlier in the day and I didn't have my camera with me. I didn't get back to get photos of him until evening. Luckily he was still there and I had just enough light to get some photos. The next day he was gone so I'm glad I went back. The Red-tailed Hawk was hanging around this same pond pretty much all day, too. He was still there the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment