Friday, December 10, 2010

Robins in December and Other Birds!







We've been having a very mild December here in Colorado this year and I think the birds are really enjoying it! I know I am! On my walk last weekend (Dec 5th) I was welcomed by a flock of at least 20 or 30 Robins just fluttering about and singing like it was spring. It really made me wish for spring but it will be here soon enough, I suppose. I used to think Robins flew away to warmer climates for the winter but I recently found out they just flock together and hide away from urban lawns and live on berries during the winter months. When I returned home from my walk, I noticed a couple of Robins in my yard so I had to grab my camera. While I had it out there, I also got a shot of a 2 American Goldfinches, a Blue Jay and a first sighting of a Yellow-shafted Northern Flicker(in addition to my regular visitors)! What fun to see so much activity in my yard in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment