Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby birds! Updated pics and videos!

I was sure the nest under my satellite dish was abandoned the other day. I just stopped seeing the mom at the nest and it was really chilly out. I took a mirror and looked in the nest and didn't see any movement so I thought the babies had died. Well, I kept checking and I finally saw both the mom and dad show up just to feed the babies. I watched and realized that there just isn't enough room for mom on the nest now so she and dad just perch themselves on a nearby tree and stand guard from there. So, I'm happy to report the babies (there were 5 eggs) are well and good. Enjoy the pics and videos!






Below is a video of the hungry birds. Dad is on top of the satellite dish watching as mom attempts to feed them. You can't see her but if you look closely to the left, you can see the tip of her tail sticking out.




This next video is the nest in my juniper bush...the sleeping birds didn't even know I was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment