Thursday, October 7, 2010

American Goldfinch! Fianlly!








I mentioned a couple of times in previous posts my desire to have an American Goldfinch show up at my feeders and I finally did!
That was the whole reason I started buying finch socks last spring. I was just thinking the other day about being unsuccessful in attracting any this year, that next year I'm going to plant some sunflowers in my backyard, also. Well, as luck would have it, I was sitting on my back deck listening to the birds and I heard a bird I didn't recognize. I grabbed my camera and started aiming it in the direction of the sound to see what it was. Then this American Goldfinch landed on the finch sock and then took a drink from the bird bath! I was so excited not only to finally see one for the first time but to also get some photos of it! This one returned again later and the next day there were two so I'm hoping the word gets out!

No comments:

Post a Comment