Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mountain Bluebirds!




What an exciting "first time" sighting for me! A lucky catch, too! A spring snowstorm moved through and with it usually comes lots of activity at the feeder. Now the feeder is in my backyard so that's where I see 99% of the birds I photograph. However, I just happened to glance out my front window and I noticed a whole bunch of Robins in the street and in my neighbor's driveway. I didn't look too hard as I was heading upstairs but I just happened to mention to my husband to look out the window at all the Robins...we both looked and I shouted "Is that a blue bird with them?!" Then we both noticed there was more than one. As quickly as I could, I ran downstairs, grabbed my camera and was able to get a few shots before a trash truck came barreling around the corner and away they all flew. I watched all day and they never came back :(  I would guess there was probably 10 or so Robins and 8 Mountain Bluebirds (4 males, 4 females).

No comments:

Post a Comment