Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chipping Sparrow (I think) and Bird Bath De-icer!

My latest backyard visitor! In my quest to identify this bird I found that a Brewer's Sparrow and a Chipping Sparrow(winter plumage) are hard to distinguish. After looking at many pictures of both, I'm pretty sure this is a winter-plumage Chipping Sparrow! Frame created by KimB! Next topic...



Greg mounted a nice bracket and ran an extension cord out to the shed, getting it all hooked up safely to last the winter months. A closer look at his handywork of slicone and electrical tape....

You can never be too safe when it comes to electricity AND water!

Me, filling it up to test it out!

It needed to be weighted down with a rock so it wouldn't float but seems to be working nicely. All we neednow is some sub-zero weather to test it :)

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice... I'm sure the birds will love their new 'hot tub'!

    ReplyDelete